[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > not all) internet-related Services, it offers many ways for people to
> > attempt to break into your OS X machine. Fortunately, Mac OS X also
>
> And what, praytell, are these "many ways"?  Does the article make any attempt
> to enumerate them at all?  Does MacOS X come with a "free shell to anybody
> at all" service running by default?
>
> Like I said, a Unix machine without any services running is no more insecure
> than a MacOS machine that CAN'T run any services.  A door which does not
> exist can not be entered, whether because its open or because someone picked
> the lock.
>
> In my opinion, the author of the article you quote is an idiot.
>
> --
> Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/
>                        -> Solaris Snob and general NOCMonkey

Take it up with MacAddict Magazine May 2001 issue. Might even be able to
view article on their website. Not sure if the place back issues on the web.

Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]