Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:
> Christian Mattar writes:
>

>>Netscape was a bargaining chip, so that the deal "using IE in AOL"
>>against "Having an AOL-Icon on the Windows desktop" stayed alive.
>>Nothing more, nothing less...
>

> Sorry, but I don't go for conspiracy theories.

It's called bargaining...

Just like Telstra (monopoly carrier in Australia) claimed it was looking
to switch 40,000 desktops to Linux, it was using their Linux study as a
bargaining chip against Microsoft to get better pricing... Numerous
other govt bodies and companies have pulled the same stunt, the more
seats and the bugger the study into Linux the bigger the discount MS
tends to offer them :)

Although the customisation tools MS was offering (didn't they say no one
could distribute their software any more?) was pretty slick, so I'd say
a little from column A and a little from column B...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."