If there's a better place to post this please let me know....

I have a simple xul application which records a browser session. I capture (at the moment) click and change events, build a simple xml script and then play the script back later with createEvent/dispatchEvent. I'd call it a prototype at this point - it needs alot of work.

Recently - after running into a brick wall - I turned my attention toward packaging/installing issues and came across the topic of remote xul. That looked cool so I set up a web server and started serving up my app. But the app acts differently.

Basically - I have a window with a form at the top and an iframe at the bottom. Ideally I would like the click event handler set on the iframe control. For testing purposes I've got a click handler on both the window and the iframe at the moment.

2 scenarios:
a) If I run firefox -chrome chrome://myapp/content from the cmd line all is good. Both handlers trigger - the window's event handler for the form and both for the iframe.
b) If I enter chrome://myapp/content in the URL input box of firefox - or - I hit the app via the server, the window's handler triggers if I click on the form portion of the window, but neither trigger for the iframe.

No exceptions are thrown. I did have to sprinkle some permission access code for other reasons.

Could this be a privileges thing ?

Any comments are appreciated...