Gervase Markham wrote:
Nelson B wrote:

Is there a way to turn off punycode for Seamonkey users?

Do you mean "turn off IDN"? Or do you mean "turn off punycode display, thereby restoring display of IDN domains as Unicode chars"?

I meant "to do for seamonkey what FF 1.0.1 did for FF 1.0 with respect to IDN/punycode", whatever that was. (I don't know what FF 1.0.1 did. Please elighten.)

If so, what is it, and
where is that information found on www.mozilla.org?

Assuming you mean the former, I believe the network.enableIDN pref should be working in nightly builds, and will be working in the 1.7.6 release, due after Thunderbird 1.0.1 is released. If you have an older release, the pref works but doesn't stick.

How about newer, e.g. 1.8b ?

If you mean the latter, set "network.IDN_show_punycode" to false.

Thanks.

Gerv