Ian G wrote:
So, like a "root list of TLDs". Well, wouldn't this take
MF back into the judgement business?

Not necessarily; we may not be going the judging. The list will be shared with other browser vendors, and we hope to get a neutral third party to administer it. But, if not, we'll do it together.

I saw this proposed on Bugtraq; I think the participants there explained quite well why it wouldn't work. But thank you for your input :-)

reference?

The BugTraq archives, wherever they are on the web. I read it via some mechanism which doesn't really let me give references.

Gerv