Gervase Markham wrote:
Ian G wrote:
 > Much of phishing isn't about credit card details so

much as *any* information.

Well, I'm sure a phisher isn't really interested in my laundry list. CC numbers are one very quick way to get access to cash, and one people are used to typing into web browsers.

And, as attackers are able
to adjust their policies to suit what's out there,
they could also make their sites foil the checks.

Possibly. At the moment, phishers copy-and-paste pages from legit sites. This would at least make them modify them.

Gerv

You will notice a swift towards e-mail phishing soon, because there's a lot of chatter about it already. Again, people use Mozilla features on their bank sites, like the password manager, and that makes your inbox even more interesting.

/HJ