William Ewing wrote:
I have recently finished developing a toolbar. I have written an XPI installer, which successfully installs the .jar file, but doesn't make the modifications to the overlayinfo file that are needed for it to function. Exactly how would I go about updating the overlayinfo file in the install script? I'm reqlly quite confused.

The overlay information should be in your contents.rdf description. Take a look at http://www.mozilla.org/build/jar-packaging.html (near the bottom) for a sample contents.rdf which contains overlay information.

--BDS