Doug Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> yueweng wrote:
> > In the hope that mozilla would become more user friendly to developer.
> >  I would like make the following recommendation:
> >
> > Under W32, when I execute  regxpcom.exe from mozilla.org\mozilla
> > directory it produce the following output:
> >
> > Can not initialize XPCOM Glue
> > Can not aquire component registrar
> >
> > I have to manually copy xpcom from gecko-sdk\bin into mozilla\mozilla
> > directory in order for it to execute without output anything.  May I
> > know why mozilla installation pakage 1.7-rc3 comes without xpcom.dll?
> > Does regxpcom.exe designed to work without xpcom.dll?  If regxpcom.exe
> > is designed to work with xpcom.dll, then I think the installation
> > package should include this file during installation.
> >
> > YueWeng
>

> regxpcom.exe does not link against xpcom.dll.  See `regxpcom -h`.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your information for the past two questions.  You are
right, regxpcom.exe does not link against xpcom.dll.  But may I know
which dll is required for regxpcom.exe to run?  Which dll is the XPCOM
Glue package?  I got the following error in the default installation
pakage:

C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla>regxpcom -a
Can not initialize XPCOM Glue
Can not aquire component registrar
Registration failed: (c1f30001) component directory

However, when I run regxpcom.exe using the package
(mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip) from ftp server, everything works fined.  I
believe this is the full package that contains all the dll and exe.
Then nsSample.dll seems to be working after .xpt, .dll, .js is being
put into component directory and run regxpcom.exe.  Any idea?

I am wondering if you can allow me your weblock sample code with vc++
project enviroment so that at least I can get things started.

Regards,
YueWeng