corey aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
> So I finally got my xpi to install and work!
> But every time I am editing it I have to un-jar the Chrome directory.
> and then re-jar it up again. Is there a shortcut around this?

Yes, of course.

In your context, you may have a line in the installed-chrome.txt like this:

content,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/myxpi.jar!/content/myxpi/

This entry links to a (1) enjarred package myxpi.jar in the (2) install
chrome directory.

If you want to edit *and run* your xpi from a local directory, you can
dejar the contents of myxpi.jar into the directory myxpi in the install
directory and change the installed-chrome.txt entry to:

content,install,url,resource:/chrome/myxpi/content/myxpi/

If you have write access to the install chrome (like above), but you
want to develop the XPI in your profile, you can add this line to your
installed-chrome.txt for your jar:

content,profile,url,jar:file:///A:/path/to/myxpi.jar!/content/myxpi/

resp.

content,profile,url,file:///A:/path/to/myxpi/content/myxpi/

You have to use a file:-URI instead of the resource:-URI.

Karsten
--
       Freiheit stirbt        |       Fsayannes SF&F-Bibliothek:
            Mit Sicherheit    |       http://fsayanne.tprac.de/