I want to add setup and configuration during installation of my mozilla toolbar extension. I wrote a nice little XUL wizard application that accumulates and persists user information that will be used by my browser extension. I need to run this setup app during my extension install but am not sure how to do so. The Install object does include an execute method, but it expects an executable and my setup app is a XUL app. Doesn't look like I can run the XUL setup app until after the chrome is updated and the browser is restarted.

Is there any way to run a XUL setup app during XPInstall of a browser extension without actually installing the setup app itself and restarting the browser?

Or maybe a way of having the mozilla browsers spawn the setup application at restart?

Barring that is there a way to add a UI to setup that
allows the setup to accumulate user info prior to performing the extension install?

Thanks,
David