I'll surely have a go at it. I could implement the "compression" variable
once it's in the program, but I'm not sure if I could get it to parse
correctly- I only have the source for v3.62 (I think) on my home computer,
& my floppy disk drive doesn't work (it's a problem with the controller on
the mainboard, not the drive), so I wouldn't be able to compile it to see
if it actually works. I'll post it when I've done all that I think needs to
be done.
I assumed this setting would be useful for batch encoding, for example,
when many of the WAVs have differing sample rates &/or there's a mix of
mono & stereo input files.