> Hi
>
> rename all the extensions from "h,v" "c,v" etc. to "h" "c" and so on.
> Remove ",v" from all file extensions and try again. In DOS/Windows
> command line, type:
>
> ren *.h_v *.h
> ren *.c_v *.c
>
> and so on.
>
> Cheers
> Jason Antony
> 27 30.874' S, 153 02.814' E

These ",v" extensions are part of CVS.  I didn't realize this, but
from this thread I gather that the .tar file that you can download
from sourceforge.net is not the LAME source code, but an
archive of the LAME CVS repository.

CVS is "Version Control Software"  (www.cyclic..com).  It lets
multiple developers all work on the same source code at the
same time, and keeps track of all the revisions.

The best way to work with those ",v" files is to install winCVS
and then have CVS to "checkout" the lame source code.

But if you go through the trouble to install winCVS, then you can
also checkout the lame source code directly from the sourceforge.net
repository.  see:  the cvs and win32/cvs howto's on

http://sfdocs.sourceforge.net/sfdocs/

(for anonymous CVS access (read-only) you dont need to install ssh)

Mark