Hello Charlton,

Monday, June 05, 2000, 7:34:52 PM, you wrote:

CH> From V1 to V4 incrementally.  The filesizes were
CH> all the same in the end!  What's up with that?

CH> Okay,  so first of all,  all I got to say is LOST THE SOURCE CODE?!
CH> That's just plain stupid.
but why? he doesn't have raid at home, so after disk crash.... 8(((
ok may be it is not so, i only hear about this in FIDO

CH> 2nd,  so why do I have to chose a bitrate?  And again which command line
CH> option will it use? (-b or -B)?
as  i  said  it use -b. if you don't want to chose bitrate (during vbr
encoding)   make   -b   very   small.  for  -B  you  can  use  'other
parameters' option

CH> I've only been putting one song per batch.  Still doesn't work.
hm, still works... may be your -b is too high.
sorry  for  my  english: try to use menu from the first program's page
for -V (a bit upper than 'encode' button)

CH> Exactly!  But WAIT!  There's nothing else TO use for Lame!
yes 8)))

CH> Guess I'll have to make one myself.  Which I can say I honestly have been
CH> tempted to do.  All it would take is a few hours to come up with something
CH> better than lamebatch.
Best regards,   8)

 Dmitry                            mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]