> A noticed a number of different binaries for Windows for
> version 3.85 of Lame.  The ones from Russia are different
> then the ones from the MP3 org web site.
>
> The trouble is when I use both at the same settings and
> then compare the output, it is different.
>
> Would someone please recommend 'the' place for the latest
> Lame binaries for Windows?

Size of binaries will always be different because I don't use any
compression. The place for the latest binaries is Dmitry's website, with up
to date binaries for alpha releases (from cvs). On mp3-tech.org, I only use
beta and stable releases, but I don't want to use alphas, because to my mind
they are not targeted toward final users but only testers ans developpers.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne - France
[EMAIL PROTECTED]