On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 05:43:42PM +0200, Robert Hegemann wrote:
> Marc de Lange schrieb am Don, 27 Jul 2000:
> > Wouldn't it be useful if lame was able to automatically copy the ID3
> > tags from the source file to the destination when reencoding with
> > the --mp3input option?
> >
> > I don't like it that after reencoding all my tags are lost.
>
> That's already on the TODO list with a low priority, but I had no time
> to code it yet. If someone else will do it, feel free to do it.

I can try that once I finally get the new bitstream-based tagging APIs
done, but it probably won't happen until I return from vacation in
Alaska (about mid-August).  Feel free if that's not soon enough.

BTW, copying the ID3 tags is actually much easier than reading the
individual fields and writing out new tags.  At least it's a much easier
strategy for version 2 tags.

One of the reasons the new tagging code I wrote is so small, especially
compared to other version 2 tagging tools, is that it only WRITES
version 2 tags.  Reading them is a real pain because the ID3v2 format is
so ... (ahem) ... flexible.  And that's why copying tags is such a neat
strategy. :-)

--
Don Melton
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]