::
::  >Currently my aim is, that the program is compilable with:
::  >   gcc 2.95.2
::  >   g++ 2.95.2
::
::  I run gcc 2.95.(3) and SAS/C (the latter is usually much more helpful on
::  warnings, and still much more forgiving on "errors")...
::
Can you add g++ for testing?
Or also some other C++ compiler?

Or use gcc at monday/wednesday and friday and g++ at the rest?

::  >::  Also it would be nice if you cast types that don't match the functions
::  >::  types into the correct one
::  >Casting is a bad thing. Correct the reason for the casting, not the warning
::  >(or the error in C++) itself. See Ada Rationale. It is Ada related, but the
::  >reasons are the same for every procedural language like C, Pascal, Ada, ...
::
::  Ofcos, as I said, the best thing is to use the correct one to begin with, but
::  if that isn't possible, atleast cast the value into the correct one.
::
Write a (inline) function to convert from type A to type B.
Wild type casting in C is one of the most dangerous things.

C can't cast from type A to type B. There is only the possibility to
cast every shit to type B. And this is dangerous.
So you write a

  int     ifreq;
  double  dfreq;
  ifreq = (int) ( dfreq );

and now dfreq changes the type to 'struct bla*'.
C converts this without batting an eyelid.

Who has corrected the SigSeg fault which occured only with gcc 2.95,
but not with g++ 2.95?  fread() faulted with unobtrusively parameters
in get_audio.c.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Frank Klemm

eMail | [EMAIL PROTECTED]       home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone | +49 (3641) 64-2721    home: +49 (3641) 390545
sMail | R.-Breitscheid-Str. 43, 07747 Jena, Germany