Hi Everyone,

The LAME web site is down for over 24 hours now, as is my
email ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  So I haven't gotten any email
from the list or otherwise.

The web hosting company has 'lost' my account, but hopefully
this will be fixed in another day or so.  In the mean time,
if you sent me something and I didn't respond, can you
resend it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

LAME CVS:

I spent quite a lot of time in the last two days trying to validate
the current version of LAME from CVS.  I've concluded that this is not
possible.  There are many minor output changes that I did manage to
account for (like someone changed resample_ratio from float to
double), but there are many others (like M/S stereo switching
completely broken at 160kbs) which I cannot track down.  The reason
I cant track these changes down is because of too many cosmetic
changes in *every* file.

So as promised, but delayed, LAME CVS mainline is reverted back
to as it was Aug 31.  The previous version is in the 'pfk1'
branch.  If you want it, you need to do:

cvs update -r pfk1

That branch has a lot of nice code improvements, and I hope some of
the can be moved into the main branch.  But this will have
to be done in a more controlled fashon, consistent with what
the many developers have been doing for almost 2 years now.

Mark