> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 06:48:49PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> > Hum...
> > And if 19 is a magic value, why didn't you use the following ?
> >
> > BLACKSIZE = 200
> > filter_l  = (BLACKSIZE - 19)

> 200 - 19 == 191 ???
>
> --
> Frank Klemm

19 was just a bad coincidence :-)

The size of the filter is given by filter_l, and it can be any odd
number.  But the amount of storage allocated is given by #define
BLACKSIZE I think it is ok as long as filter_l < BLACKSIZE.

This is one of those coding practices Frank would be
horrified by :-)  I was too lazy to add malloc()'s in
lame_init() and free()'s in lame_encode_finish
for the two variables related to the filter, so they
are explicitly dimensioned using BLACKSIZE.
If filter_l > BLACKSIZE, the code will stop with
an error.

Mark