Hello,

On Sun, 08 Oct 2000 11:24:19
 Naoki Shibata wrote:

>  Perhaps you are hoping joint stereo to be improved, but --nspsytune
>doesn't improve anything with joint stereo.
>  --nspsytune is intended to improve result of vbrtest.wav and square
>wave with VBR. You can obtain vbrtest.wav from website of lame. And,
>--nspsytune improves CBR quality at bitrate like 128kbps. Perhaps you
>can easily notice difference with result of appluad.wav.

Does this mean that --nspsytune as not as useful at higher bitrates and higher quality
vbr settings (ie. -V1 -h)?  At these higher quality settings and bitrates, can
--nspsytune possibly do more damage than good?  Basically I'm just wondering what the
risks are when using this setting in different settings.  I have used it in many
different cases and sometimes it seems to help but others it seems to either make
little differences, or actually hurt more than help.  It seems the affect this switch
has on the bitrate is somewhat erratic.  I have seen it increase the file size quite
significantly, but also decrease the file size as well.

Dibrom

10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos Communications at
http://comm.lycos.com