> MP3 files encoded with LAME 3.91 don't start with a real MPEG frame, but
> with a block of zeros the exact length of a frame (for CBR). This is not a
> problem for a decoder since it will ignore that "frame", but I belive is a
> bug anyway. Besides, for calculating the duration of the file, this adds
> aprox 26ms at 44100Hz. This didn't happen with version 3.88 Beta.

It's not a bug at all, and is made on purpose. The first frame includes some
usefull info about encoding parameters.
The best way to deal with it would be if the decoder was ignoring this one.
As an example, if you decode with Lame --decode, Lame will ignore this
frame.

Regards,

----
Gabriel Bouvigne