> I've discovered that Fraunhoffer was able to force
> ReadHat software to remove the mp3 decoder from the xmms
> player. So they distribute a player with suport to Vorbis
> only and the source dosen't contain the mp3 decoder.
> I was able to move the same plugin from a Mandrake
> and make it work on a RedHat.

FhG did not forced RedHat to remove anything. It is only the decision of
RedHat.
Moreover, as you pointed out, RH is not selling the RH distribution (that
could include mp3 decoding), but only selling support.
So under the current mp3 licensing terms, they would not be asked to pay for
it.

Regards,

----
Gabriel Bouvigne