Paul Roberts a écrit :
If there was no change to the code, how come there are 3 fixes in the history?

"preset medium added to the dll interface
fix for abr/cbr presets
fix -q0 switch"

A decision on whether to report the true version sounds like a no-
brainer to me. Of course it should! And the alpha/betas status too.

Well, you are right, there were some fixes in 3.93.1.

We had to use 3.93.1 because there was already some 3.94 alphas floating around, and so we were unable to use 3.94 as a version.
As the "fixed" 3.93 was quickly released, we decided to just use 3.93.1.

As Alexander explained, we do not plan to use sub-versions. We had to in this case, but we would really like to avoid this.
Anyway, your patch is there, and if in the future we encounter a case where sub-versions are needed, we will consider it, although our intent is to avoid such situations.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne
www.mp3-tech.org