Don't bother.  The iTunes MP3 encoder was written pretty much from scratch,
based on the ISO reference source in distribution 10, as LAME was.  I know,
I was the principal author (it was originally shipped in SoundJam, for
anyone who remembers that far back).

It has been heavily tweaked over the years and doesn't bear much resemblance
to dist 10 anymore...

-Bill Kincaid
iTunes

on 10/21/03 7:17 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at