Dear Prof. and MPB users

For simulating coupled cavities in photonic crystal slab, I have to choose a big supercell (e.g. 5a * 15a in x and y direction respectively).

In order to assure the correctness of the ctl file and simulation, I simulate a photonic crystal waveguide by removing a row of holes in trangular lattice of holes in PC. When I use 1a*15a supercell, I can see clearly the Band Gap and guided mode in the gap. But when I use the 5a * 15a supercell, several modes folded in band gap.

How can I recognize the guided mode?

Seems, my question is a basic question in PBG and photonic crystal, but if any of the respected MPB user can help, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Yingjun YL