Dear all,

I am very new to MPB. So I am sorry if I bother you with my question.

I would like to simulate square lattice oval shape rods with finite length.
So at first I simulated the oval shape rods with infinite length. It turns
out that the zeven frequencies increase as the lattice size reduces from
1*1*6 to 1*1*1.

Apparently the geometry does not change. So how come the frequency changes?

Attached is my code. I would appreciate any help from you.

Regards,

Changyi

(define-param simz 1)

(set! num-bands 8)

(set! geometry-lattice
(make lattice
(size 1 1 simz)
)
)

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(define rod
(geometric-object-duplicates
(vector3 0 0 0) 0 0
(make ellipsoid
(center 0 0 0)
(size 0.6 0.4 1000)
(e1 1 0 0)(e2 0 1 0)(e3 0 0 1)
(material (make dielectric (index 2.67181)))
)
)
)

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;(define aircladding
; (geometric-object-duplicates
; (vector3 0 0 4) 0 1
; (make block
; (center 0 0 -2)
; (size 1 1 2)
; (material (make dielectric (epsilon 1)))
; )
; )
;)

(define glist (append rod))

(set! geometry glist)

(set! k-points (list (vector3 0 0 0)     ; Gamma
                     (vector3 0.5 0 0)   ; X
                     (vector3 0.5 0.5 0) ; M
                     (vector3 0 0 0)))   ; Gamma

(set! k-points (interpolate 0 k-points))

(set! resolution 32)

(run-zeven)

;(run-zeven (output-at-kpoint (vector3 0 0 0) output-hfield-z))