I have now completed the modifications to the FFT to handle squaring.
This wasn't hard at all.

Attached to this email is a diff of the changes for Brian. Of course
it won't apply automatically to mpir, but it should be possible to go
through and apply the same changes by hand.

Beware that in one place I had to move the allocation of a variable
called tt from one place to another so it didn't get stuck inside a
squaring conditional block.

I have added an extra squaring test in each of three test functions. I
also cut the iterations on one of the functions since it was now
taking too long.