On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:07:38 +0100
Jason Moxham <ja...@thecodecavern.co.uk> wrote:

> ============
> The other way of doing this is to add
>
> ; PROLOGUE(symbol)
>
> lines to my files - the semicolon means that YASM ignores these lines
> but I think that configure will see them.
>
> If this doesn't work, I can add macros for PROLOGUE(x) and
> GLOBAL_FUNC(x) that evaluate to NUL in YASM but be seen by configure.
>
>    Brian

> That what I thought the GLOBAL_FUNC was for :)

I only used PROLOGUE as an example - as you say it might need to
be:

; GLOBAL_FUNC(symbol)

Some of my symbols are generated by macros so the script would have to
be quite smart to pick up all of them.  I pick these symbols up from
these files in my mpir_config.py to make cfg.h so it might make sense
to rationalise how this is done - defining with lines:

; GLOBAL_FUNC(symbol)

for all symbols defined in the file would probably make my Python code
easier.