Mark am I the only responder to your posting?  I am just
reading it now on my return from a vacation.
I didn't see the article, but I will tell you this.  My
son, NOT a gang member, was suspended from Southwest for
wearing a "wave cap" which is a stretchy nylon cap
designed to keep braids neat.  They said it is a "gang
symbol."  Same for a handkerchief tied around the head,
which earned him not only a suspension, but three
conversations with the police.  My white neighbors have
asked why he dresses like a gangster and if I am running
a halfway house.  His failure to greet one neighbor
prompted a complaint call to me, and his over-the-fence
greeting to another neighbor the next day caused them to
look at the ground and go inside their house.  I agree
with you about PC white fear of black people and I am
sick to death of it.  I say again, as the mother of a
friendly and not-violent black male teenager, I am WEARY
of it.
-Nikki
Linden Hills