I have been an active environmentalist for over twenty years. I have planted over 1000 trees, organized Arbor day events, organized the watershed clean up in the Seward neighborhood, planted native species in the river corridor, pulled buckthorn, secured funding for youth programming and staffing, worked with the Park staff to submit a funding request to the renewable energy fund for photovoltaic generators, helped organize canoe trips on the Mississippi, worked on removing coal tar abatement under the Washington Ave. Bridge,  worked on sustainability and livability indicators, worked on a broad range of environmental activities with the Seward environment committee, secured $10,000 from (we don't fund solar) Xcel for a photovoltaic generator on the Seward Montessori School, worked on a forest management plan for the River gorge, Active member of the Mississippi River Gorge Stewards,  organized the East African/ Seward neighborhood River cruise, trained as a trail monitor of the Winchell trail. I spent 6 months on the Mississippi River performing in the Circle of Water Circus,with my family, travelling from Brainard to New Orleans. I have been part of the Mayday celebration for twenty years (I am the guy who blows the conch shell horn that begins the sun's journey across the Powderhorn Lake). I am an advocate of environmental recreation and a member of the Friends of the Mississippi

After two debates and reading the campaign literature of my opponent, Marie Hauser, she has not mentioned anything she has actually done to improve the environment or to work with Park staff on environmental issues. So I am curious about the process of Sierra Club endorsement.     Thanks, Scott Vreeland  Seward
Candidate for Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, District 3