GREEN ARCHITECTURE 101
---------------------------
PUBLIC MEETING TO LEARN ABOUT GREEN ARCHITECTURE

Ever heard of "Green Architecture" and wondered what it is? When you think of
"sustainable design" do you only think of solar panels? Did you know that
environmental stewardship is more than just about "saving the environment,"
that it can save money too? The Sheridan Neighborhood Organization (SNO) will
be holding a public meeting to learn about sustainable design and how we can
apply it to our public buildings.

On Saturday, January 12, 2001 at 1:00 p.m. SNO will be holding a public forum
at Eastside Neighborhood Services, 1700 2nd Street N.E. Minneapolis, to learn
about sustainable design and its impact when used in developing our public
spaces.

Corey Brinkema, from e4 partners, will lead a discussion focusing on the
Pierre Bottineau Library and the aspects of "Green Architecture" that are
currently proposed. We will also explore additional features that can be
incorporated in similar projects and what benefits they bring.

Mr. Brinkema is cofounder of e4 partners and developer of the nation's first
speculatively-built green industrial facility, the internationally recognized
Phillips Eco-Enterprise Center (PEEC) in South Minneapolis.  The PEEC (also
known as the Green Institute) is a model for sustainable design; it uses 40%
less energy than comparable buildings, truly values the health of its
occupants and leaves a much smaller footprint on the environment.  Mr.
Brinkema brings experience in diverse sectors of the environmental and energy
industries, both in the U.S. and internationally. He holds an MBA from the
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and a BA from Dartmouth College.

Please spread the word.

FFI:
Tom Taylor
612-331-1380