I see that many of you are interested in this One Book project.  Great!
Metronet, the nine metropolitan public libraries, a number of school
districts (including Minneapolis, St. Paul, Hopkins, and North St.
Paul/Maplewood) are joining together to promote OneBook.  We are just at the
beginning of the planning, so let me or Rod Krueger know your ideas, not
just about titles, but promotions and events which could happen beginning in
September which is closer than I want to think
.
One Book is an exciting idea as Chicago and Seattle and even New York (still
planning) have proved.  We are particularly in need of sponsors so we can
get copies of the One Book at a much reduced cost for libraries throughout
the region.  St. Paul started their own project but will also join us for
the metropolitan One Book programs.

Susan Baxter
Executive Director
Metronet