CM:

I have to echo what Terrel is saying.  To the average partially engaged or
un-engaged citizen, the Biernat scandal is just a horrible stain on my
hometown.  No amount of reform talk/action is going to matter. It's like a
drunk holding a beer and saying  "I can change, I swear it".  No matter how
much we pretend to clean up our act, it doesn't matter until the 20 ton
elephant is removed.

It reminds me of all the Nixon apologists.  No matter how much they talked
about the foreign policy successes or how he funded and expanded the Great
Society programs, we kept coming back to the BUT:  What about Watergate.

I haven't checked the City Charter lately.  If the council has the authority
to expel one of their own, and fail to do in this situation, well shame on
all of us.

Craig Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Former Fultonite and moving back when the last rat is in college.