>From: "V.L. Freeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [Mpls] RE: Don Samuels and 2005
>Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 09:38:31 -0800

Just a sprinkling of a different viewpoint:

(JP)It's more important to focus on the election next week, rather than 2 years down the line in my opinion.

(VF) I totally disagree with you. I want to know NOW!! where the
candidates stand on the redistricting issues. To say that is two
years down the road, is just not really caring about the citizens
that "DO" live in the third ward. I do not want the office to sit
empty again because, we as "VOTERS" did not think of this when we needed to.

(DP) Just a thought - has anyone bothered to ask any of the other candidates (other than Don) whether or not they are committed to running for relection in 2005?  Or for that matter, can anyone tell me with a fair amount of certainty, of ANY incumbent local politician that has announced their candidacy for the 2005 election??

(JP)when I looked at the candidates, Don was one that I thought most fit the bill for the needs of the 3rd Ward as well as those of the council. As someone from a neighboring ward (4th)

(VL) This is the problem now, We have many other people telling "US" who to vote for and they don't live here. Like we don't have a brain or reasoning for our own selves. I don't understand this logic.

List, I lived here since early 90's. I seen things come and go and come and go again. But, I never heard of Don Samuels, and I live right next to Jordan, in Hawthorne to be exact. Also, I lived in Jordan before coming to Hawthorne.  The problem that either Don had only attended a couple of meeting's while on the JACC board is every bit of important to "ME", as this shows "ME" that the priorities were not there to begin with. Even if he disliked what was going on, you still hang in there until changes are made.
hat's why, Third Ward residents, we have to vote for someone, that does not plan on using the Stadium to bring jobs in to the community. As what Shane Price wants to do, and anyone who thinks the DFL is so important as to seek the endorsement, but will not follow the conventions rules, such as Don Samuels and Margo Ashmore. This shows me that you wasted the delegates time. Time they spent away from their families and missing work to show up at the convention. "A BIG KICK IN THE TEETH." Such disrespect....
Standing for Neighbors Who Want "MOORE" in the Third Ward

(DP) In all fairness, I had never heard of Olin Moore prior to this election.  Does that make him any less valid as a candidate??  As far as Don "hanging-in at JACC until changes were made - I question the logic behind involving yourself with something that you know to be inherently wrong.  You AND your name become attached to it.

With regards to Don's not following convention rules (at the DFL endorsement convention), I believe he was both very clear and very upfront to with the fact that he intended to take it to the voters, regardless of the outcome.  To me, what IS sad about the endorsement convention - while taking a break outside between the 1st and 2nd ballots, I overheard to delegates commenting on the fact that they were turned-off by Don's suit and that he had brought his children with him.  It was somewhat unfortunate that his wife couldn't attend (she was out of town on business) and therefore couldn't watch the kids while Don attended the convention.  Otherwise, we probably would have collected two more votes (his suit wasn't a deal-breaker). :)

Dennis Plante

Jordan

Vanessa Freemanm

Hawthorne