I have to disagree with Val with extreme vehemence.  My dumpsters in
Minneapolis were the target of everyone else's free dumping for 25 years.  I
first must commend city solid waste for taking many things that the suburban
haulers and cities would not take.  Your garbage bill is one of the few
deals you get in Mpls.  The apartment dweller just pays higher rent to
support the illegal dumping of the homeowners in the city.  I know few do
it, but until you have owned a dumpster in a residential neighborhood, you
wouldn't believe it.

     Anything that was billable or the free drop point was too far away,
ended up in my dumpsters.  All the construction materials from other peoples
houses ended up in my dumpster.  We put locks on the dumpsters, the stuff
piled up on top or in the alley.  The crime was rampant.  I kept track of my
extra billing one year on an 11 unit building.  The total was  $482.74  That
was more then two months billing.  Oil, couches, beds , tables, tv's, tires,
excess lawn clippings when the city is past the free point, full automobile
transmission, bumper from a Buick, Paint cans, etc.

    I once caught a man in progress.  Called 911 and followed him home and
took digital pics of the whole act.  The police never did a thing.  I then
picked up large amounts of the " garage clean out" that he had left and
delivered it back to his yard within 10 minutes.  This brought a response
from the cops.  I denied doing it.  You know, the cops didn't believe me.
But they still didn't bust anyone.  Go figure.

Craig Miller
Rogers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Greeting's List, and Happy Saturday!
>
> (Comment: Not all rental property owners do this, but there are a few that
> do. This post is about the ones that are to cheap to handle their own
trash
> and leftover furniture, or kitchen appliances removal.)
>
> I'd like to know, is there a law or city ordinance against dumping your
> waste onto someone else's property? Here lately more so in the 5th ward,
> landlord owners have continue to dump rubbish from their rental units onto
> someone else's property.
>
> In one weeks time a renter told me about three drop offs' that she has
seen,
> and plenty more is delivered when she was not watching.She tells me this
is
> becoming the norm.  One was asked what he was doing, leaving trash and
> furniture in the back of these homes.  He said they were dropping of some
> stuff that needed to be pick up by the city.  Not only at this particular
> house, but the one behind her, on the side of her, and down the alley from
> her. When she kindly ask them to remove their rubbish, they became
> completely upset and asked her why.
>

> Does anyone on the list or lurking about have an ideal of where one could
> report such blatant disrespect and obviously to cheap to haul away their
own
> junk. Please e-mail me.
>
> Thanks!

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.