Any one going to defend the city on this one?   Anyone?

Doubt it.

Any of the city leadership going to take the necessary steps to prevent this
from happening again?

Doubt it.

The city is so charged up to get a high profile landlord like Steve Meldahl.
They would spend that kind of money, for a misdemeanor.  Is it any wonder
why the city is in trouble at the capitol.

Craig Miller
Rogers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Today I was in criminal court charged with a misdemeanor.  The crime?  A
> tenant who rents a house from me took down the rear fence (without my
> permission) so he could work on his car close to the house.  I was
> charged criminally for this even though my property manager sent to the
> housing inspector,  Sarah Maxwell, the name and phone number of this
> tenant.  She refused to send the order directly to the tenant and
> instead ticketed me personally.
>
>  The Housing Maintenance code says in 5 different areas to send the
> orders to the "proper and responsible" party.  Obviously this is the
> tenant.  To make a long story short, after 3 Court appearances, at the
> beginning of the trial, I made a motion before the judge to dismiss.  I
> had to research the ordinances thoroughly and I found a technicality to
> beat them.
> The judge dismissed the case.
>
> Here is the bottom line.  The City had 3 City attorneys and the housing
> inspector there prepared to take me to the woodshed for my heinous
> crime.  They were prepared to spend a half a day to prosecute this case.
> Do you think this is a good way for the City to spend its time and
> scarce resources???
>
> Steve Meldahl

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.