> Bill Cullen said:
>
> "We don't get either program in the burbs.  I pay for my spring cleaning
> annually."
>
> My reply:
>
> Here we have what is the essence of the problem with Minnesota politics
> right now.

( CM) I call it differences of opinion settled on election day.

It's the attitude "If we don't need it in the burbs, then nobody
> needs it."

(CM) I would say the same but converse thinking has ruled the city for two
decades.  I call it the Imperial Paris method thinking of your typical
Minneapolitan.  "You must support our great things-programs inside of our
mother city boarders.  You suburbanites have no desire, brainpower, or
cultural need to have these things in your ugly conformist bedroom
communities. Snif-Snif"".

Until we get back to some kind of acceptance that we've got
> different needs (and living in the burbs doesn't make you a rugged
> individualist) and that we've all got to stick together to support those
> needs,

(CM)  Translation, suburbanites pay higher taxes to support your
entertainment, cultural pursuits,NRP's etc.

then our society is just going to get more and more sick.

(CM) Self inflicted?

When that
> time comes, as it surely must with politics divided the way it is, then
> living in the central cities or the burbs will both be harrowing
> experiences.

(CM) I'll bet you your wrong. The suburbanites will pay taxes to support
their basic needs.  They already do and then pay some of Mpls's basic needs.

Why can't the city of Mpls behave like the oldest child in this big
Minnesota family and take a LEAD roll in starting a new renisaince of
municipal governance and life.  Show the rest of the state how a vibrant,
bustling, pounding city can pay for itself and kick the junk habit of
moaning in withdrawal pain of not having someone elses money to spend?

Leadership is not crying about how the rest of your family won't help you in
your addiction of someone elses money.

Craig Miller
Rogers, MN
Former Citizen and Future Citizen of the Minneapple

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.