Well this sure set off a hornet's nest.

Anybody been reading Doonesbury lately?  How all Oregon High School
Graduates are being kept out of the  mythical Ivy League college.

This is how it starts to happen.  All things being equal one kid graduates
from Kerkhoven-Murdoch-Sunburg
and the other kid graduates from SW High Mpls.  All things being equal, then
you read the headline of what MPS does DURING school time.  Now picture
yourself as the employer, administrator, Dean, etc.

One of my critics on this thread, claimed that this is how we share and
express our values.  What if they aren't your neighbors or neighbors
children's values?  Let the school teach  two plus two, Shakespeare,
Langston Hughes, Stravinsky, Ravel, Newton, Einstein, Lincoln. Knowledge
held in common.  Not the political opinion of SD 60 of the DFL party.

Craig Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rogers, MN

> Has this list gone absolutely mad?
>
> About "remembering" which job applicants are graduates
> of Minneapolis Public Schools and which aren't, I have
> 2 things:
>
> --Be sure you apply that standard to the Rhodes
> Scholars, IB Diploma winners (including myself), Ivy
> grads, and Athena winners who graduated from MPS.

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.