There's GOT to be a way we can put our heads together and come-up with a way to overcome the obstacles the intended audience face in using this program.

I can think of several neighbors that would be willing to set-up a car-pool system to take care of transportation.  Think about it for a moment.  With all the effort and energy that's already been expended in putting this program together, why not take it a step further and make it really work?  It could be a turning point.

-D

>From: "Rybak, R.T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Barbara Lickness" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Dennis Plante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Zerby, Paul G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: [Mpls] The Step Up Program
>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:41:31 -0500
>
>A few weeks ago I told U. Pres. Robert Bruiniks about the very serious problems with summer employment and activities. He immediately created the summer camp opportunity by calling a few key leaders and getting contributions. It was great action on his part, and a good example of his goal to have the University play a role in helping the community that surrounds it.
>
>The goal of the openings was not to have it open to just any kid. The goal has been to find kids who could not otherwise have this opportunity.
>
>Transportation has been a huge limitation.
>
>So it would be very helpful if people could help spread the word....AND especially go to families you know of whose kids could not otherwise do this....and even help find ways to get kids to the site.
>
>Brunicks and the U deserve a lot of credit for helping...and it was very impressive to see the U. Pres., who has some huge issues on his plate, make such a personal effort on behalf of kids in Minneapolis.
>
>R.T. Rybak

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online TEMPORARY REMINDER: 1. Don't feed the troll! Ignore obvious flame-bait. 2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject (Mpls-specific, of course.) ________________________________ Minneapolis Issues Forum - A City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn E-Democracy Post messages to: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Digest, and more: http://e-democracy.org/mpls