Well, I spent an afternoon walking around Calhoun and talking to people
about what they thought about closing the parkways around Calhoun, and
Lake of the Isles and part of Victor Memorial Parkway the last Sunday of
each month.

WOW.  It was really odd to walk around Calhoun and hear no vehicles,
blaring radio, bass beats, and/or loud motorcycles yesterday!  Have to
say I personally liked it.  Have to also say that of the users I talked
to, only one out of like 75 people didn't!  Course, I didn't get to talk
to the folks that could not drive around the lake when the wanted to.
They probably had a different opinion.

One critique I would have of the event would be that most folks didn't
know about it.  Although announcements appeared in the Star Tribune and
SW Journal as well as a mailing, it sure would have been nice if we
could have gotten the word out more.  Better signs in the parks would be
a good idea and hopefully will happen before the next event next month.
I will look into it.  Well, with all the questions Park Police and
Concessions folks were answering, hopefully, more folks will know about
it in the future.

Just wanted to ask the list group if anyone else walked around the lakes
or up on victor memorial yesterday and had any thoughts and/or
suggestions?!?

Sincerely,

John Erwin
City-wide Park Board Commissioner

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)