I just wanted to clarify some information in today's Strib article regarding
NRP.

It is reported that, "The handful of such [neighborhood] groups that have
responded generally favor the plan."

This does not match the information provided to me and indicates more support
IMHO for the idea than may actually exist.

In my official "board packet" I found copies of 13 written responses on the
proposal from neighborhood organizations and one from the chief of police.

The chief and 5 'hoods we clearly in favor, five were clearly opposed, with one
offering what I read as conditional opposition and two with conditional support.

As one who does not support the proposal in its current form,  I may be seeing
more opposition than others might, but, even in the best case for the
supporters, it still appears to be 7 for and six against by my count.

It should be an interesting discussion this afternoon or early evening.  The
meeting starts at

4:30 p.m. in the Henn. Co. Gov. Center Conference Room C - 2350.

And thanks for all your comments off list on this one.  They have been very
helpful.

in cooperation,

Cam

Cam Gordon

Seward Neighborhood,
Minneapolis, Ward 2
SD 59

(612) 332-6210, 296-0579, 339-2452

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)