> David asks:
>
> 1. Restructuring. How can the city justify $100,000 salaries at a  time
> of layoffs - and when a similar number of MCDA high-level execs were let
> go.
>

> Peter says:  Excellent questions, David.  Thank you very much for posing
> them.
>
> David says: I would appreciate answers from someone at City Hall to the
> list, in  the name of fuller discussion.

(CM)

RT should borrow a page from President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.  At the
height of the great depression when he and his administration were trying
anything to deliver prosperity and a 'New Deal', they came up with a novel
idea.

They hired EXTREMELY qualified people for various top level government jobs.
The kind of people who were EXTREMELY successful at getting things done.  Or
in most cases, people who had already made plenty of money.  They had to
have made plenty of money, because, Roosevelt only paid them $1 a year.
That's right.  They were called $1 a year men.  Read Kearns-Goodwin's book.

RT ought to reconsider the positions.  Solicit some EXTREMELY talented
people and ask them to serve for a $1.  Just make sure these new $1 a year
Men/Women aren't favoring their former employers or such.

Craig Miller
Rogers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)