One note:

Bill Cullen writes:

> 1) Jim Graham is right.  Help low income families purchase houses.  Their
> investment will help them escape poverty and give them emotional
investment
> in the neighborhood.  It will cost less than $158,828.

Unfortunately (for me professionally), Bill is referencing an erroneous
figure calculated by my paper, the Southwest Journal.

The figure was meant to reference the city's per-unit affordable-housing
subsidy ... unfortunately, we included private (nonsubsidy) money in our
math, which was wrong.

We printed a prominent correction/explanation in the next issue. The
corrected figure is $41,473 per unit. Whether that is too much is, of
course, up to you, but please use the correct figure in debate. As we said
in print, sorry for leading everyone astray.

David Brauer
Editor, Southwest Journal
King Field

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)