On second thought, I've changed my mind... I'm quite sure now that had a white person been driving Natalie's car, the squad would have gone around w/o saying a word. I'm also quite sure that the cop in question was way out of line for telling Johnson-lee that if she wanted to continue her conversation, she needed to pull into the adjoining parking lot.

But wait a moment, come to think of it, I'm white, and I've received a ticket for parking a vehicle (it was there less than 5 minutes) in front of my house facing the wrong way (to unload groceries). Was I pissed? You bet. Was I in the wrong? Yup. My wife's half African American. Maybe I should scream discrimmination?

A cop telling someone in a predominately minority neighborhood that they are stopped illegally (in the street) and they need to move along, and further ticketing them, when they fail to comply, is NOT selective, OR discriminatory in nature.

Dennis Plante
Jordan

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)