List Manager wrote:

Olson named President, one-year contract for Gurban approved....plus some
blow-by-blow...

David Brauer
List manager

Rochelle Olson's article is mostly accurate, as well as being extremely fair and even-handed to the scoundrels who really don't deserve such kind treatment: Olson, Dziedzi, Hauser, Kummer and Fine.

However, Rochelle missed one very important and significant point. She wrote:

``Olson then had his chance to speak, but he had no prepared remarks. Instead he leaned back in his chair, turned to Erwin and said dismissively, "That was a great reelection speech, John."

Olson continued, "I was honored when you called me on Sunday and said I should be president and you should be vice president."

(Erwin shook his head during the meeting and later said Olson had mischaracterized the conversation.)

"Sometimes I think you get a little overanxious on things and you need to step back a little bit," Olson said. ''

When I heard Jon Olson make the statement about John Erwin, I was astonished. Could Erwin really have spoken with Olson on the phone and suggested that Olson be president, and he, Erwin, vice-president?

What Rochelle Olson importantly failed to report is that Commissioner Vivian Mason had the same question and later put Jon Olson on the spot and forced him to clarify that remark on the record. Under Mason's questioning Jon Olson admitted that no, John Erwin had not in fact suggested that he (Olson) be president.

So not only was Jon Olson incapable of giving any kind of coherent statement regarding his nomination, but he falsely implied that Erwin agreed that Olson should be president prior to the vote being taken.

Leaving that misrepresentation standing, except for the above parenthetical comment about Erwin is a serious lapse in giving a complete picture of what transpired at the meeting.

Chris Johnson
Fulton

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list. 2. Don't feed the troll! Ignore obvious flame-bait.