I want to thank Chris Johnson for his notes on the Park Board meeting and his
comments to the Park Board Commissioners.
I have tried to get additional information about why the two Padleford boats
are leaving Minneapolis and Boom Island.
But I have a lot more questions than answers.
Joe Kimball again reports about the issue in this Friday's- Around Saint
Paul- column in the Strib.

Jim Kosmo,  Padleford vice president said, " We didn't put in a proposal
because of the way we were treated.
They wanted to double or triple our fee, which is already higher than other
places in the country...70 percent of our business has to be booked by spring
and they didn't give us enough time."

Maybe Chris Johnson can shed some light on this from the Park Board
Commissioners discussion.
But this was a new RFP process installed this year. I am told that there are
other bidders and that everything has happened on a prearranged Board approved
timetable.
Who thought this timetable made sense?

Maybe the Padleford boats can make more money in Saint Paul and want to
deflect criticism for leaving.

The RFP and the names of the bidders is public information, isn't it.
This process now favors what ever company left and might cost us more than
any other previous deal.
Who are they and do they have any insider connections?

It irks me that the Park board leapt overboard with an unplanned and
ill-conceived Marina plan while not paying attention to Boom Island.
I would like to know more. Maybe this is part of the Park Board's grand
vision for the upper river.

But so far it looks like this process leaves us up a creek without a paddle
right above the falls.

Thanks,
Scott Vreeland      Seward