Speaking of traffic tie-ups. . . .
        Lifetime Fitness had an Aquatennial Fun Run in downtown on Wednesday night.
About 7:30 I was heading south on Lyndale from Hennepin when all four lanes
of traffic came to a dead stop.  We waited for about 20 minutes til all the
runners had crossed Lyndale at Oak Grove, and then lo and behold, they
turned around and came right back across the avenue again, returning, one
supposes to the starting point.
        What kind of a permit fee is paid to stop traffic on a State Highway for 45
minutes on a Wednesday night?  And who does the authorizing of this event?
Ray Marshall
Minnehaha