[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It seems the problem is more no-brain driving rather than designing to prevent such drivers from receiving their Darwin award.

Liz:
Don't get me wrong - I have no intention of being on the Darwin list for thinning out the gene pool. I just continue to unnervingly witness this from the sidelines. As much as I agree with what the law says - it is intuitively is not working and as Chris Johnson points out rather than making all the bad drivers "get-into-line", which doesn't seem to be working I think it wise to have them stop with all lights red and not some green - either way a street signal or RR signal as long as it is red by law they need to stop.

Chris Johnson wrote:
The key point is, the red flashing warning lights and the audible chimes at the crossing begin flashing and ringing well in advance of the arms starting to lower -- at least that's how it sounds from descriptions here and how other "heavy" rail crossings operate. (I can't say that I remember if that's how the LRT operates.)

Liz:
Actually, no it is not well in advance. It all happens surprisingly quickly. That's the scary part about this whole thing. It just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Count me out though - I'll be watching "against my intuition"...

Liz Greenbaum
Longfellow

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list. 2. Don't feed the troll! Ignore obvious flame-bait.