You are correct-the write in's are counted Nov 3.  Usually they dump to
the other side, unless the ballot machine is really really full (we can
hope for that)  Make sure that when you place your ballot in the
machine(take it out of the folder) that you wait(that's the key word
here-WAIT) to make sure its accepted properly.   The tone that rings(if
there is a problem or question) is very faint, and you might not hear
it.  That I think is imperative! Our new software asks a question on the
digital screen versus, that our old software just used to spit out an
incorrect ballot(like an over vote, or marks not made properly).  The
key is: wait and make sure its accepted .
Gina Palandri
Standish
Chair Judge 9/8