Gregory Reinhardt asks...

> ...Should
> the lies of a "good" man be forgiven while the lies of a "bad"
> man are fully
> prosecuted?  Does a person's "good' intentions trump the fact that one has
> uttered a lie, let alone five?  Does Minneapolis need more
> leaders who have
> the courage to lie than those who steadfastly tell the truth and
> suffer the
> consequences?

Intentions are always tough to interpret, but given our legal process, I
feel confident justice will prevail in this particular case.  And, in the
end, I'd guess Omar Jamal will also find a new degree of respect for the
system he abused.

As to the type of leaders we need in Mpls., I hope all would agree that we
are always in need of strong leaders with the vision and courage to be
truthful in all matters.  In the end, all any of us really have is our
integrity or lack thereof.

Mike Hohmann
Linden Hills

snip

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL