I must say I am now tired and bored of the smoky whiners..or are they whiny smokers already? We are wasting space on this board discussing why some people are mad that they cannot light up at bars?? If a bar can only suceed if people are allowed to smoke, I think they ought to rethink their business plan. Furthermore-I for one; believe that Gary Schiff has done a great job with new developments in my ward,(like we have a real coffeehouse now and a great building-Tillies Bean)and been very responsive to my whining (along with my neighbors) when the big mean metro transit people came in and sat their big butts right on our doorsteps, he's done a great job with zoning and planning; making it easier for people who have real ideas, and not to mention the support for the GLBT community. I have also found him and his office extremely helpful on problem houses in my neighborhood, and reactive to myself and my neighbors phone calls about these problem houses. Sorry I think all those things are much more worthy of time and kudos then the constant focus on those who can't blow smoke in my face while I eat, and furthermore I wish there was more rules and people could not smoke so close to the doorways of bars and restaurants-now theres some real annoyances. Gary Schiff was not the only city council person to support the smoke-free cancer free ban..so isolating him out is merely "picking" on him.
Gina Palandri
Standish
wanting a website called www.smokeinyourownhouse.com